The Bank of Khanty-Mansiysk and OpenWay Debut MMA
The Bank of Khanty-Mansiysk, one of top 30 Russian banks, and OpenWay, the international vendor of WAY4 payment processing solutions, have launched a new service based on the MasterCard Mobile Authentication (MMA) technology. By subscribing to this service, the bank customers may use their mobile phone to generate one-time passwords for secure web-banking and e-commerce.
May 25, 2009
А WAY4 MMA calculator is a mobile application loaded to a cell phone. The calculator generates and displays one-time passwords. Such password lets the client access his sensitive data on the bank website. Once used, the password is no more valid, so fraudsters can’t benefit from stealing it.
“Internet fraud continues to increase nowadays, and web-banking requires enhanced protection. One-time passwords are more effective than the static ones. However, most security devices – special tokens, calculators – are too complicated for clients and costly for banks. There are also OTP-sms and OTP-cards – but they are not secure enough. Take a regular cell phone, add WAY4 MMA – and you have both simple, efficient and secure way to authenticate your customers”, explains Kirill Bulgakov, Deputy Director, OpenWay Russia.
"The MasterCard Mobile Authentication technology is already popular across the world. Today I congratulate our partners who brought secure and handy MMA-based solutions to MasterCard cardholders in Russia”, adds Andrey Tarusov, Vice President, MasterCard Europe.
The Bank of Khanty-Mansiysk is a versatile crediting organization of federal significance, which has a diversified resource base and offers a full range of transactions in the financial market. It has 18 operating branch offices with 120 additional outlets and operational teller counters. Representative offices of the bank function in Prague (Check Republic) and Ekaterinburg.
OpenWay Group was founded over 15 years ago. We develop WAY4, an innovative e-payment processing framework for banks, payment processors, telcos and petrol companies.
OpenWay was initially headquartered in Brussels, Belgium with one R&D team there and another in St. Petersburg, Russia. Today we are a global company with 10 offices and 130 customers around the world.
Our portfolio consists of WAY4 Card and Merchant Management, Financial Switching, Personalised Channel Banking, Prepaid Cards, E-Commerce, Mobile Payments, Digital Wallet, DCC, Fuel Cards, and other solutions.
Our customers include tier-1 giants, mid-size companies, and ambitious start-ups:
- Equens, Western Europe (SEPA-acquiring of 0.5 million merchants on WAY4)
- Savings Bank of Russia (issuing and acquiring back-office, and authorization switch for 140 million credit and debit cards on WAY4)
- SIX Group, a leading European payment company processing over 4,000,000 cards and migrated over 30 banks to WAY4 within 15 months
- Comdata, USA (commercial cards on WAY4)
- Network International, the Middle East (a processing center with approximately 60 banks on WAY4)
- Raiffeisenbank Int., Eastern Europe (a processing center for 15 banks and countries on WAY4)
- Bank Audi, MENA region (more than 40 card products on WAY4 including NFC)
- Halyk Bank of Kazakhstan (the first bank to launch Visa P2P Mobile Transfers)
- Lukoil Intercard, Eastern Europe (B2B fuel cards with comprehensive loyalty services on WAY4)
WAY4 live installations consistently demonstrate high performance; for example, 90 million cards issued and authorized on a single platform and 12 million POS/ATM clearing transactions processed daily by a single acquirer.
OpenWay, known for its commitment to long-term relationships, both serves customers locally and provides global support. Today our team unites approximately 500 payment business, digital technology, and security professionals.