WAY4 Has Become the First PA-DSS Certified CMS
WAY4 from OpenWay has become the first card and merchant management solution ever certified for PA-DSS – Payment Application Data Security Standards. TrustWave, a leading Qualified Security Assessor, completed the audit in 2 months. Banks and processing companies worldwide using WAY4 will find this certificate helpful while passing their own PCI DSS audit.
June 30, 2009
PA-DSS consolidate the most effective and time-proven security policies of the major international payment systems – MasterCard, Visa, AmEx, Discover, JCB. From July 2010 PA-DSS non-compliant software will be denied by card industry players. Still, most solutions comply only with the outdated set of standards, Visa’s PABP. According to the PCI SSC website, only 11% of payment applications have PA-DSS certificate, and WAY4 is among these leaders.
“PA-DSS impose strict requirements for the solution architecture, software development techniques, quality assurance procedures and many other aspects. Balance between the security requirements and business needs is challenging for any vendor. Since OpenWay has always attached special importance to security, our PA-DSS validation was quick and successful”, commented Wim Pardon, Director of OpenWay Belgium.
Trustwave is the leading provider of on-demand and subscription-based information security and payment card industry compliance management solutions to businesses and government entities throughout the world. For organizations faced with today's challenging data security and compliance environment, Trustwave provides a unique approach with comprehensive solutions that include its flagship TrustKeeper® compliance management software and other proprietary security solutions. Trustwave has helped thousands of organizations—ranging from Fortune 500 businesses and large financial institutions to small and medium-sized retailers—manage compliance and secure their network infrastructure, data communications and critical information assets. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout North America, South America, Europe, Africa, China and Australia.
OpenWay Group was founded over 15 years ago. We develop WAY4, an innovative e-payment processing framework for banks, payment processors, telcos and petrol companies.
OpenWay was initially headquartered in Brussels, Belgium with one R&D team there and another in St. Petersburg, Russia. Today we are a global company with 10 offices and 130 customers around the world.
Our portfolio consists of WAY4 Card and Merchant Management, Financial Switching, Personalised Channel Banking, Prepaid Cards, E-Commerce, Mobile Payments, Digital Wallet, DCC, Fuel Cards, and other solutions.
Our customers include tier-1 giants, mid-size companies, and ambitious start-ups:
- Equens, Western Europe (SEPA-acquiring of 0.5 million merchants on WAY4)
- Savings Bank of Russia (issuing and acquiring back-office, and authorization switch for 140 million credit and debit cards on WAY4)
- SIX Group, a leading European payment company processing over 4,000,000 cards and migrated over 30 banks to WAY4 within 15 months
- Comdata, USA (commercial cards on WAY4)
- Network International, the Middle East (a processing center with approximately 60 banks on WAY4)
- Raiffeisenbank Int., Eastern Europe (a processing center for 15 banks and countries on WAY4)
- Bank Audi, MENA region (more than 40 card products on WAY4 including NFC)
- Halyk Bank of Kazakhstan (the first bank to launch Visa P2P Mobile Transfers)
- Lukoil Intercard, Eastern Europe (B2B fuel cards with comprehensive loyalty services on WAY4)
WAY4 live installations consistently demonstrate high performance; for example, 90 million cards issued and authorized on a single platform and 12 million POS/ATM clearing transactions processed daily by a single acquirer.
OpenWay, known for its commitment to long-term relationships, both serves customers locally and provides global support. Today our team unites approximately 500 payment business, digital technology, and security professionals.