WAY4 Approved by PCI Security Standards Council
The PCI Security Standards Council has certified the WAY4 solutions for EFT, ATM and POS processing and switching, card issuing, merchant acquiring and account management. The WAY4 software from OpenWay is now listed on PCI SSC website as “acceptable for new deployments”. This official recognition makes PCI DSS audits easier for OpenWay clients.
March 26, 2009
The card industry security standards are developed by the PCI SSC and apply to software which stores, processes or transmits cardholder data. By July 2010 all card industry players should stop using non-compliant payment applications. For those using WAY4 this deadline is no more a threat.
“From the very beginning OpenWay has adopted and been following all the security standards and best practices in the industry," said Wim Pardon, Director of OpenWay Belgium. "Some of our customers have already passed PCI DSS assessment while many are in process. We hope that our PCI SSC certificate and our consultancy assistance will help them pass PCI DSS audit in a quicker and easier manner."
OpenWay Group is a member of the PCI Security Standards Council. First OpenWay customer passed PCI DSS validation in 2006.
The mission of the PCI Security Standards Council is to enhance payment account security by fostering broad adoption of PCI security standards.
OpenWay Group was founded over 15 years ago. We develop WAY4, an innovative e-payment processing framework for banks, payment processors, telcos and petrol companies.
OpenWay was initially headquartered in Brussels, Belgium with one R&D team there and another in St. Petersburg, Russia. Today we are a global company with 10 offices and 130 customers around the world.
Our portfolio consists of WAY4 Card and Merchant Management, Financial Switching, Personalised Channel Banking, Prepaid Cards, E-Commerce, Mobile Payments, Digital Wallet, DCC, Fuel Cards, and other solutions.
Our customers include tier-1 giants, mid-size companies, and ambitious start-ups:
- Equens, Western Europe (SEPA-acquiring of 0.5 million merchants on WAY4)
- Savings Bank of Russia (issuing and acquiring back-office, and authorization switch for 140 million credit and debit cards on WAY4)
- SIX Group, a leading European payment company processing over 4,000,000 cards and migrated over 30 banks to WAY4 within 15 months
- Comdata, USA (commercial cards on WAY4)
- Network International, the Middle East (a processing center with approximately 60 banks on WAY4)
- Raiffeisenbank Int., Eastern Europe (a processing center for 15 banks and countries on WAY4)
- Bank Audi, MENA region (more than 40 card products on WAY4 including NFC)
- Halyk Bank of Kazakhstan (the first bank to launch Visa P2P Mobile Transfers)
- Lukoil Intercard, Eastern Europe (B2B fuel cards with comprehensive loyalty services on WAY4)
WAY4 live installations consistently demonstrate high performance; for example, 90 million cards issued and authorized on a single platform and 12 million POS/ATM clearing transactions processed daily by a single acquirer.
OpenWay, known for its commitment to long-term relationships, both serves customers locally and provides global support. Today our team unites approximately 500 payment business, digital technology, and security professionals.