IBM Has Successfully Accomplished the Security Audit of OpenWay’s WAY4 Web Banking System
The IBM corporation (NYSE: IBM), international leader in the field of information security solutions, and OpenWay Group, international payment processing software vendor, have announced the security audit of the WAY4 Web Banking system has been successfully completed. The IBM Internet Security Systems consultants have performed a complex examination of WAY4 Web Banking.
January 30, 2009
The WAY4 Web Banking solution allows banks and processing companies to serve clients via the Internet. Internet-banking users get 24/7 access to a convenient web-interface with the ability to receive consolidated financial information, manage their cards, accounts and loans, make payments and transfers, setup personal profile options, etc. According to the final IBM Application Security Assessment Report, the OpenWay’s solution uses advanced information security methods.
IBM Internet Security Systems (ISS) is one of the leading security consulting groups. “Our specialists are highly experienced in tracking vulnerabilities in various software applications. We provide detailed technical and strategic recommendations on how to improve system defence against internal and external threats”, commented Alexey Ivlev, Information Security Consultant of IBM ISS.
“We are constantly improving the security of WAY4 solutions”, added Dmitry Yatskaer, Chief Technology Officer, OpenWay Group. “We entrusted the security audit of WAY4 Web Banking to the IBM Corporation as the acknowledged independent expert in this field”.
IBM Internet Security Systems is the trusted expert of global enterprises and world governments, providing products and services that protect against Internet threats. IBM ISS delivers proven cost efficiencies and reduces regulatory and business risk across the enterprise for customers worldwide. IBM ISS products and services are based on the proactive security intelligence conducted by the IBM ISS X-Force research and development team — the unequivocal world authority in vulnerability and threat research.
OpenWay Group was founded over 15 years ago. We develop WAY4, an innovative e-payment processing framework for banks, payment processors, telcos and petrol companies.
OpenWay was initially headquartered in Brussels, Belgium with one R&D team there and another in St. Petersburg, Russia. Today we are a global company with 10 offices and 130 customers around the world.
Our portfolio consists of WAY4 Card and Merchant Management, Financial Switching, Personalised Channel Banking, Prepaid Cards, E-Commerce, Mobile Payments, Digital Wallet, DCC, Fuel Cards, and other solutions.
Our customers include tier-1 giants, mid-size companies, and ambitious start-ups:
- Equens, Western Europe (SEPA-acquiring of 0.5 million merchants on WAY4)
- Savings Bank of Russia (issuing and acquiring back-office, and authorization switch for 140 million credit and debit cards on WAY4)
- SIX Group, a leading European payment company processing over 4,000,000 cards and migrated over 30 banks to WAY4 within 15 months
- Comdata, USA (commercial cards on WAY4)
- Network International, the Middle East (a processing center with approximately 60 banks on WAY4)
- Raiffeisenbank Int., Eastern Europe (a processing center for 15 banks and countries on WAY4)
- Bank Audi, MENA region (more than 40 card products on WAY4 including NFC)
- Halyk Bank of Kazakhstan (the first bank to launch Visa P2P Mobile Transfers)
- Lukoil Intercard, Eastern Europe (B2B fuel cards with comprehensive loyalty services on WAY4)
WAY4 live installations consistently demonstrate high performance; for example, 90 million cards issued and authorized on a single platform and 12 million POS/ATM clearing transactions processed daily by a single acquirer.
OpenWay, known for its commitment to long-term relationships, both serves customers locally and provides global support. Today our team unites approximately 500 payment business, digital technology, and security professionals.