OpenWay, Fujitsu and Equens Sign Agreements for New Acquiring Platform
To meet the SEPA requirements of our clients, Equens decided to select and implement an entirely new Acquiring Platform. After an extensive process we selected OpenWay's software package WAY4.
May 14, 2008 - Belgium
To meet the SEPA requirements of our clients, Equens decided to select and implement an entirely new Acquiring Platform. After an extensive process we selected OpenWay's software package WAY4. WAY4 will be incorporated into the Equens' cards processing as part of the SEPA Cards Programme by 1 September 2008. The software enables Equens to reduce costs and realise a faster time-to-market for new functionalities and the introduction of new international brands.
Equens selected Fujitsu for the required infrastructure on account of its specific knowledge and experience in this field. Moreover, Fujitsu offers a flexible, scalable solution, which is essential for Equens due to the expected volume growth.
The signing ceremony took place in the Globe at Equens headquarters in Utrecht. In the presence of representatives of OpenWay, Fujitsu and the project members of the SEPA Cards Programme, on behalf of the BoD Antoon Kuijpers signed the agreements. He especially thanked the project members for their contributions and constructive cooperation.
One of the top Acquiring Processors in EU.
One of the most innovative processors.
7 billion payments.
1.9 billion POS and ATM auth transactions.
10% EU market.
260,000+ revenue in 2006.
OpenWay Group was founded over 15 years ago. We develop WAY4, an innovative e-payment processing framework for banks, payment processors, telcos and petrol companies.
OpenWay was initially headquartered in Brussels, Belgium with one R&D team there and another in St. Petersburg, Russia. Today we are a global company with 10 offices and 130 customers around the world.
Our portfolio consists of WAY4 Card and Merchant Management, Financial Switching, Personalised Channel Banking, Prepaid Cards, E-Commerce, Mobile Payments, Digital Wallet, DCC, Fuel Cards, and other solutions.
Our customers include tier-1 giants, mid-size companies, and ambitious start-ups:
- Equens, Western Europe (SEPA-acquiring of 0.5 million merchants on WAY4)
- Savings Bank of Russia (issuing and acquiring back-office, and authorization switch for 140 million credit and debit cards on WAY4)
- SIX Group, a leading European payment company processing over 4,000,000 cards and migrated over 30 banks to WAY4 within 15 months
- Comdata, USA (commercial cards on WAY4)
- Network International, the Middle East (a processing center with approximately 60 banks on WAY4)
- Raiffeisenbank Int., Eastern Europe (a processing center for 15 banks and countries on WAY4)
- Bank Audi, MENA region (more than 40 card products on WAY4 including NFC)
- Halyk Bank of Kazakhstan (the first bank to launch Visa P2P Mobile Transfers)
- Lukoil Intercard, Eastern Europe (B2B fuel cards with comprehensive loyalty services on WAY4)
WAY4 live installations consistently demonstrate high performance; for example, 90 million cards issued and authorized on a single platform and 12 million POS/ATM clearing transactions processed daily by a single acquirer.
OpenWay, known for its commitment to long-term relationships, both serves customers locally and provides global support. Today our team unites approximately 500 payment business, digital technology, and security professionals.