JCB Certifies the WAY4 Processing Software
JCB has certified OpenWay's WAY4 software solutions to issue and acquire their card products internationally
August 29, 2006 - Singapore
JCB (Japan Credit Bureau) certified OpenWay's WAY4 solution to issue and acquire its plastic cards. The certification was carried out as part of a co-project between OpenWay, a leading developer and vendor of next generation processing solutions, and a Thailand-based processing centre.
Kevin Francis Wong, CEO of OpenWay Asia, evaluated this event as follows: "JCB, working with 320 financial institutions worldwide, has great prospects both in Asia and globally, and it is very important for us to enable our clients to work with this payment system. Presently, JCB cooperates with 11.7 million merchants and spans 189 countries and territories. JCB cards are now issued in 18 countries, with 51.6 million cardholders."
This is good news for all OpenWay's clients, i.e. more than 70 leading banks and processing centres in 15 countries. OpenWay has become JCB's certified vendor; now Japanese cards – credit, corporate, fleet, and others – may be added to OpenWay's clients' portfolios, which already include products of Visa, MasterCard, Amex, and Diners Club.
JCB cards are currently accepted by 24 million merchants in 190 countries, and there are more than 20 branches of this payment system worldwide. More than 80 million JCB cards have been issued, of which 15 million were issued and are in use outside Japan.
In the past 2 years, JCB has made a significant step in global expansion: the number of cards issued outside Japan has increased by 60% and the number of merchants accepting cards has grown by 20%.
OpenWay Group was founded over 15 years ago. We develop WAY4, an innovative e-payment processing framework for banks, payment processors, telcos and petrol companies.
OpenWay was initially headquartered in Brussels, Belgium with one R&D team there and another in St. Petersburg, Russia. Today we are a global company with 10 offices and 130 customers around the world.
Our portfolio consists of WAY4 Card and Merchant Management, Financial Switching, Personalised Channel Banking, Prepaid Cards, E-Commerce, Mobile Payments, Digital Wallet, DCC, Fuel Cards, and other solutions.
Our customers include tier-1 giants, mid-size companies, and ambitious start-ups:
- Equens, Western Europe (SEPA-acquiring of 0.5 million merchants on WAY4)
- Savings Bank of Russia (issuing and acquiring back-office, and authorization switch for 140 million credit and debit cards on WAY4)
- SIX Group, a leading European payment company processing over 4,000,000 cards and migrated over 30 banks to WAY4 within 15 months
- Comdata, USA (commercial cards on WAY4)
- Network International, the Middle East (a processing center with approximately 60 banks on WAY4)
- Raiffeisenbank Int., Eastern Europe (a processing center for 15 banks and countries on WAY4)
- Bank Audi, MENA region (more than 40 card products on WAY4 including NFC)
- Halyk Bank of Kazakhstan (the first bank to launch Visa P2P Mobile Transfers)
- Lukoil Intercard, Eastern Europe (B2B fuel cards with comprehensive loyalty services on WAY4)
WAY4 live installations consistently demonstrate high performance; for example, 90 million cards issued and authorized on a single platform and 12 million POS/ATM clearing transactions processed daily by a single acquirer.
OpenWay, known for its commitment to long-term relationships, both serves customers locally and provides global support. Today our team unites approximately 500 payment business, digital technology, and security professionals.
Available upon request:
• The list of JCB's certified vendors
• The certificate of WAY4 signed by the JCB payment system
You can contact us at:
WAY4 JCB Interface
Halyk Bank Launches CUP Acquiring on WAY4
KKB becomes the first to acquire on Amex GNS